St. Mary the Virgin

Welcome to Saxlingham Nethergate Church

Our beautiful village church is warm and welcoming as are the congregation. Our worship is more traditional with a robed choir for our Holy Communion Services held on the first and third Sunday. There is also 8.00am said BCP [1662] Holy Communion on the fourth Sunday

We have Morning Prayer [1662] on the second Sunday and an All Age Service on the fourth Sunday. After each service we meet for tea and coffee in our Parish room, except for the All Age service on the fourth Sunday, when we begin with refreshments in the main church building at 11am. Sunday services are well attended. At our services we are uplifted as we meet to worship God, hear his word in the scriptures and sermon.

There are special services too: We have an open-air service and a pet service on the green and a service in the ruined church at Saxlingham Thorpe.

 

We are a busy happy congregation and enjoy working together to share God's love in practical ways in our village. Why not come and join us for some or all of the following worship services and activities.

 

Latest News/Feature...


Challenging Times

We've all heard that Sunday services and other mid-week gatherings are to stop until further notice - posing a new and exciting challenge for us as we seek to 'do differently' in being Church in Tas Valley during these uncertain times.

Despite the inconveniences and in some cases, very real difficulties that we may encounter, we can continue to look to God for wisdom, help and comfort.  This is our moment to shine.  Here is opportunity to deepen our prayer life, to reach out in practical ways to neighbours and friends.  To show support and strengthen community in our villages.  We can all pick up the phone or write a card offering words of encouragement.  Many of us can offer help in a variety of practical ways.

Meanwhile, keep safe and well - watch this space and elswhere for further updates and developments.

With love and prayers

Dawn

 

 

More news & features across the villages »